My buddy flew him up and had him waiting where we had been preparing to secure for a photoshoot. The girls were flown by me up, and he had been just standing, right in the exact middle of our landing area. We hovered in on him within ...
This image with the title of "On Monday, I helped a buddy out with his wedding proposal. This is him waiting on a 6,000ft peak to surprise his girl." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Helicopters . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about On Monday, I helped a buddy out with his wedding proposal. This is him waiting on a 6,000ft peak to surprise his girl.
- My buddy flew him up and had him waiting where we were planning to land for a photoshoot. I flew the girls up, and he was just standing, right in the middle of our landing area. I hovered in on him within 5 feet. She didn't know it was him until we were like 20 feet away.
- Fixed wing guy here, what are the legalities of just landing on the top of a mountain? Do you have to get permission?
- So long as it isn't a national park or preserve and not in controlled airspace, then nope don't think so.
- This. And some areas in national parks have grandfathered use for aircraft because they were popular with aircraft before the area became a park.
- Did she know it was coming, or was it a complete shock?
- Complete shock. A buddy of mine who flies for a small company took him up, and had him waiting on a 6,000ft peak in a brand new suit. (He bought it online for like $400, but he look bad@ss) I was taking his girlfriend of 8 years, who is trying to build a portfolio on Photo-styling. She asked me to do a shoot with her, and 2 of her girlfriends. We come flying into the peak, and I go, "Weird, there is someone standing right where we are landing... Hope he moves" The whole time we're coming in on him, she is thinking, "f#$% buddy, move!" then, when we get 20 feet from him, she realized who it was. It all dawned on her. Funniest part was, when she walked over to him, he stuck out his hand, and they shook hands! I told them that, and they had no idea. They remembered a big embrace.
- Indochino? 🙂 What mountain did you guys go to?
- Indochino indeed. I was shocked how good he looked. As I hovered in on him, I actually thought, no homo, "whoa, Dave looks good!"
- Indochino is the hsit 🙂 Just got my charcoal suit for my best bud's wedding
- I was really impressed. Plus their social media person is a redditor. He saw my post in /r/pics on Monday, and contacted me. I told him about the day, and he credited Dave back for the suit, so, he got it for free! (Or gave him a credit for another suit or something.)
- Hot damn! Now I like them even more 🙂
- I really want to try Indochino but I like to feel the fabric etc first. At least in Harry Rosen I know I didn't F up the measurements. It's cheap enough o roll the dice on a suit and see how it works out I guess
- We all hung out on the peak until the flies got unbearable. Champagne and such. They had a photo-shoot with the photographer. Then one from the Heli to them on a peak. Dave had planned to surprise her with an impromptu celebration at the club he manages, but when we got back to Boundary Bay, everyone was so hungry we ate chicken fingers and nachos at the airport diner. And thanks. Yes, I do have fun with flying. It's my absolute passion. I only get to fly about an hour a week. Sometimes 2. I got really lucky to be able to rent a machine off my cousin who is a commercial airline captain with massive seniority. I try to make my hours count. In BC, we get so much rain half the year, there will be a month or more where I can't fly due to weekend weather.
- I've done marriage proposals before. Helicopters make it happen.
- I was lucky enough to be a part of this flight. What an awesome time we had flying around the peak of the mountain while she was getting proposed to.
- Mischa!!! Welcome to Reddit! EDIT: Sorry for ruining your life by introducing you to Reddit...
- I'm still trying to figure it all out, and figure out what all the hype is about. Read more comments