Huh we don't realize that first. Seems like standard kit as all of them have actually it. Really wonder what the power is when the gun goes click you draw the other just one. It's much faster and easier ...
This image with the title of "French Police Special Forces hunting down the suspects of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in the north-east of Paris [3435x2316]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about French Police Special Forces hunting down the suspects of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in the north-east of Paris [3435x2316]
- Huh I didn't notice that first. Seems like standard kit as all of them have it. Really wonder what the benefit is
- If the gun goes click you just draw the other one. It is much faster and easier than wondering whether it's dry, jammed or anything. Apparently it is pretty much necessary to shield carriers too as they cannot easily reload their gun while carrying their shield.
- About the drawing instead of realoading. Really? Thats expensive. extra gun costs more than an extra magazine. and really wouldnt take less time to draw than reaload Second thing may be plausible
- Expensive compared to your life and the training-maintenance cost for you to be in Special Police?
- Any place that they'd drop the gun would be a crime scene. They're going to be able to retrieve the gun once all the terrorists are dead.
- I meant along the lines of damaging the guns.
- Who gives a hsit about chipping the paint off of the pistol you've been issued (it's not yours) compared to possibly getting shot in return?
- You can do ask worse than chipping by dropping a gun
- Not necessarily reload, clearing a jam may take a few seconds depending on where the gun screwed up and if it happens at the bad moment it can really ruin your day (as in get you killed). Drawing a gun is really fast with a bit of training. They don't really care about expensive, they are a top tier anti-terrorism unit, basically the most elite antiterrorist unit in France on par with GIGN and among the best in the world too. Training someone so he gets a level acceptable to join the GIPN / GIGN is a long and expensive process and a huge investment. If it can make the difference between life and death for the guy then they will have it.
- Alright fair enough, I see the use for it. Can't be too safe I guess. Are they the only Special forces or military, police force etc that carries two Full Size pistols?
- I could not say for sure but it would make sense. These guys are France's designated experts in breaching in very facked up situations so it is especially useful for them as handguns life these are especially useful in CQC. Military SF like most military SF in the world tend to do whatever the fack they want gear-wise. So I guess if a military SF guy wants to go in with a second handgun I don't think anyone would bother him about it but I don't think it is widespread as these guys tend to engage enemies at medium range and gtfo before the enemy has time to organize a counter attack. A handgun is always useful to have just in case but their mission does not really call for a second one imo. But once again people of this level of training are expected to know what works best for them so they can pretty much do whatever they like. It probably varies according to the mission of the day too. Read more comments