The SF soldiers usually get more leeway to choose their attire, likely contributing to their more normal appearance to go along with other commenters. Also, they truly are permitted beards and much more ...
This image with the title of "US Green Berets in Afghanistan, their record vs the Taliban is expressed on their Humvee [2,048x1,536]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about US Green Berets in Afghanistan, their record vs the Taliban is expressed on their Humvee [2,048x1,536]
- To go along with other commenters, the SF soldiers usually get more leeway to choose their attire, likely contributing to their more normal appearance.
- Also, they're allowed beards and more casual hairstyles.
- Are they? I distinctly remember back in the early oughts that there was a big to-do about leadership not officially allowing relaxed grooming standards for SF even though it was very important for respect and blending in that beards be allowed, and how the decision was facking all the SF in country. If my memory serves, and if that was truly an edict of the higher ups, I hope since then they've taken their heads out of their asses and allowed SF to blend in better when in country.
- Yeah, who would've guessed this guy is a commando? http://magazines.defensie.nl/binaries/large/content/gallery/magazines/02-landmacht/2014/10/waarom-gijs-tuinman-willemsorde-fotos/lm-header-gijs.jpg
- yep, Gijs Tuinman. Got the dutch Medal of Honor equivalent for his actions in Afghanistan. He was a commando from the SOF unit Korps Commando Troepen (KCT). He's a beast with a very soft/kind personality ;P from what i've seen in interviews. Very inspirational.
- I think most of those sf guys are prob good looking and decent, if not very good athletes. Grew up with guy thats in the Navy seals and he always by far the best swimmer. I think they are a cut above average guys in terms of athleticism/endurance than most people realize.
- I think that generally it's a physical extension of the mental. Esp. based on what most of them say in interviews. Though, clearly, many of them are physically gifted beasts.
- Idk man when I go to the SEAL bar right off base those guys are redonculously big. They probably look more regular in uniform surprisingly, but it's hard not to figure out who the scary looking shirtless barrel chested guys are.
- SEALs are quite big, SF on the other hand generally aren't. From what i've gathered on this sub, in the US, SEALs shouldn't be confused with SF (those you call "green berets"), however they are both SOF.
- SOF covers all special forces, green berets, force recon, seals etc. are the individual names of certain special forces groups.
- Special Forces is the name of the unit commonly called the Green Berets. Thus the term SOF - special operations forces. Tell anyone in other US SOF communities they're special forces, you'll get weird looks at best.
- Was using special forces as a blanket term to keep terms simple, I wouldn't use it when talking about particular groups.
- PJ's as well.
- SEALs do reconnaissance and direct action missions. The Green Berets do that in addition to "foreign internal defense," meaning they train foreign troops and work with them as advisers.
- Yeah I don't know what it is, but they seem to be the exception. Invariably yolked, all of them.
- the average soldier is all regulations, sf guys do whatever the fack they want.
- It's hard to tell a guy that he can't grow out his beard when he could single-handedly murder everyone on base before his lunch break. Read more comments