Maybe not a ranger here, but Army Infantry. Our medic will often offer us any IVs that are extra he has for rehydration purposes. When it's ungodly hot out and we're wearing kit that is full combined with intense physical ...
This image with the title of "U.S. Army Rangers hydrate with IVs on their way to rescue Marcus Luttrell. [736 x 552]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about U.S. Army Rangers hydrate with IVs on their way to rescue Marcus Luttrell. [736 x 552]
- Not a ranger here, but Army Infantry. Our medic will often give us any extra IVs that he has for rehydration purposes. When it's ungodly hot out and we're wearing full kit, paired with intense physical work, staying properly hydrated is often difficult. The IVs are a quick way to make sure nobody goes down from heat exhaustion
- Works great for hangovers as well. Visited the aid station on more then one occasion to "acquire" an IV Kit for this purpose...
- Can anyone tell me why I should not go buy a kit for myself next time and do this, assuming I know how to 'thread the needle'
- Welp it's been 30 minutes and no one's said anything so I think you should do it. Post results
- Sorry, was offline for awhile. Taking the dog out for a hike.
- I thought that was slang for taking a shit.
- Just date a nurse, makes it easy.
- nothing about dating a nurse is easy.
- This guy gets it!!
- I guess it depends on the nurse. Emotional support for rough days, crazy hours, none of this is difficult. Stand up and help out.
- you got me. shutting my big facken mouth and cooking dinner like a good btich.
- the money required to find sterile equipment and keep it sterile. I'd not do it based on it becoming a habitual excuse for destructive behavior. drink a lot of gatorade before bed and you're good.
- Sterile IV needles and tubing are cheap and sealed, tear open and use. Problem is that a lot of it is regulated by perscription now to prevent drug use, even simple saline bags. But if you're married to an ER nurse, you might not use them for hangovers, but they facking rock when you're sick, especially if you warm the saline first.
- fack that! Cold saline on a hot day cools you right off.
- That too, but when I'm sick I'm usually chilled, so warm saline feels like a hug from inside out.
- DA faq
- I love the feeling of ice in my veins, there's no better way to sober up imo Read more comments