just what stops that beast from flying off that table? it willn't appear to be guaranteed along with it will be... however, I'm just an viewer that is interested maybe not a professional The engine is installed ...
This image with the title of "This is what makes a fighter jet, a fighter jet [PIC][OC]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Fighter Jets . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about This is what makes a fighter jet, a fighter jet [PIC][OC]
- what stops that beast from flying off that table? it doesn't seem to be secured as well as it should be... then again, I'm just an interested viewer, not a professional
- The engine is mounted to those 2 grey hoops at 3 points, at the front hoop with a 3/4" bolt and at the rear hoop with 2, 2" steel pins. The hoops are clamped to the rails and the rails are secured to those big posts at the rear, which are mounted to the concrete floor. Very secure.
- I would say that this is what makes a fighter jet a jet. The fighter bit comes from the maneuverability and the weapons
- We could argue the finer points all day. All the systems work together to make the whole, but being a former engine mechanic, I'll stand by my statement. It's all pretty useless if the engines don't work. They turn the pumps that provide the hydraulics, the generators that provide the electrical power, and the thrust that gets it all into the air. And it's all pretty useless if you can't get it all into the sky!
- Is the bleed air hose connected to the front supplying or relieving the engine of air?
- It's been a while, but........ That hose looks very much like it's connected to the air turbine starter
- Section 4. Gas turbines of article Air-start system : An air-starter on a turbine engine would typically consist of a radial inward flow turbine, or axial flow turbine, which is connected to the High Pressure compressor spool through the accessory gearbox, plus the associated piping and valves. Compressed air is provided to the system by bleed air from the aircraft's auxiliary power unit or from an air compressor mounted on ground support equipment . Interesting: Diesel engine | Aircraft engine starting | Sisu K-50SS | Bleed air Parent commenter can toggle NSFW or delete . Will also delete on comment score of -1 or less. | FAQs | Mods | Magic Words Read more comments