"Straya" Couldn't have put it better myself /r/straya Cunt Any reason why he would make use of the digital camera over his rifle scope? It generally does not look he has vision that is night on ...
This image with the title of "Tactical Group Officers used a television camera to get a closer look at a hostage situation in Bunbury, Western Australia last night [960x720]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Tactical Group Officers used a television camera to get a closer look at a hostage situation in Bunbury, Western Australia last night [960x720]
- Couldn't have put it better myself
- /r/straya Cunt
- Any reason why he would use the camera over his rifle scope? It doesn't look he has night vision capability on the rifle maybe he's using a nighttime function on the camera to see better?
- Believe it or not, pro level cameras have zoom capabilities that would go past the limits of his scope, and, being a large weighty hunk of plastic and electronics on a stable tripod stabilizes the view even more
- A camera just has way more room for optics than a rifle scope too. The scope is pretty much as good as it can get for being of that size.
- Yes and no. You have to think about the sensor size as well. CCD chips in video cameras are much smaller, and require a smaller area of magnification vs an eye and its required optics
- Probably easier to gain an overview using the camera. I've never looked down a scope, but I'd image having a pretty narrow view in it, compared to the camera? I don't really know...
- I like your honesty.
- His scope probably cost $500-2k. The news ENG camera probably cost over $10-20k. Rifle scopes for military/police want to maintain decent field of view, so often don't have magnification over 10x, sometimes 25x. The camera likely has much more. The quality of optics that you can fit in a camera are much better, since it doesn't get smashed around by recoil, and has MUCH more room for lenses, and likely an objective lens 2x as big.
- "pew pew pew, ok got him we can go home guys" Read more comments