up vote for BCM upper and bolt carrier on the picture that is second = purified distilled awesomesauce. Concur Seems very impractical. There's a series that is short Netflix ...
This image with the title of "Sniper with Barret .50 Cal. in a Blackhawk over snow-covered Afghanistan[1500X1073]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Sniper with Barret .50 Cal. in a Blackhawk over snow-covered Afghanistan[1500X1073]
- up vote for BCM upper and bolt carrier on the second picture
- BCM = purified distilled awesomesauce.
- Seems very impractical.
- There's a short series on Netflix that shows Coast Guard snipers shooting out the motors on moving cigarette boats while in a helicopter. Granted, they were using some sort of sling to help stabilize, but a sniper in Afghanistan would be shooting at a stationary object or at least one moving on one plane rather than a boat that is traveling at high speed while moving up and down due to the waves. I'd still be willing to bet that military snipers have a higher level of training than CG does
- Actually most military snipers don't shoot out of helicopters often. Where as most CG snipers only shoot out of helicopters. So while their training is not as good they will probably be much better at shooting out of a helicopter.
- Pretty sure those Coast Guard marksmen are highly trained through the same schools as other branches and follow the same curriculum. Better shots than I am anyway. Either way, those folks deserve way more credit than they get.
- I totally agree, they are pretty bad ass. I wasn't trying to play their training down by any means.
- Here here. The CG seldom gets credit for their training. Having known a few PJ's in my life, I can confirm their bad-assery. Ret. Army here.
- Pj's are air force...
- Doesn't this guy also have a stabilizing sling?
- He does, I noticed it after the fact
- the CG guys you're referring to are doing essentially the exact same thing these guys are - just using a cargo strap to set the gun on. Also: CG snipers ARE military snipers - the coast guard is a branch of the military, they just fall under Department of Homeland Security instead of DoD like the other 4 branches.
- Holy facking shit. You mean people can actually hold a sniper rifle still enough aboard a helicopter to hit a moving target that's far enough away to require a sniper rifle? fack me, why do we need drones again?
- fack me, why do we need drones again? To minimize human risk perhaps?
- I'd still be willing to bet that military snipers have a higher level of training than CG does Ha, implying that the CG isn't the real military...nice subtle burn.
- That wasn't my intention Read more comments