It's more likely they do not have even more riot gear on hand or the right time for you to suit up into it. Look into the background, seems like the guys on top of the vehicles are matched up. Why they ...
This image with the title of "Police in riot gear stand guard as protesters gather on August 19 in St. Louis. [1455x1000]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Police in riot gear stand guard as protesters gather on August 19 in St. Louis. [1455x1000]
- It's more likely they don't have much more riot gear on hand or the time to suit up into it.
- Look in the background, looks like the guys on top of the trucks are suited up.
- Why they don't have any protection ?
- Probably didn't have time to suit up completely.
- What's with the wood stick?
- My guess is it's just a wooden baton
- Do any PD's actually issue those? Seems a tad retro. Edit: I realize they likely don't, but it's pretty much the same length and shape as the other policemen batons, so it's unlikely that he just picked up whatever was lying around in the heat of the moment.
- That's pretty normal for a riot detail. It's a riot baton.
- Shouldn't those be rubber? I'm not picking on you, I honestly have no idea what sort of riot gear they issue in the US. And while I understand it varies wildly, I just don't see riot police with wooden batons. That sounds backwards and very heavy on the wrist when actually hitting people. Edit: I have moderate experience with hitting random things, including soft body parts with a wooden/metal stick and it's really uncomfortable unless the handle is insulated, at the very least with copious amounts of duct tape.
- I know the LAPD issue them in certain scenarios. They're used in junction with regular metal batons. Theyve got a much longer reach and can be used to beat back protestors in a line a bit harder.
- Mouseover to view the metric conversion for this comment Read more comments