Fair sufficient, considering that the Panther's side armor had been only about as effective as a Sherman's glacis! Nevertheless, the superb ballistics associated with KwK42 are meant to provide it the protection that is sold with maintaining ...
This image with the title of "Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf. G battle line on a road in Italy - 1944" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf. G battle line on a road in Italy - 1944
- Fair enough, given that the Panther's side armor was only about as effective as a Sherman's glacis! Still, the superb ballistics of the KwK42 are meant to give it the protection that comes with keeping your enemy at arm's length.
- I'm a bot, bleep , bloop . Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit: [ /r/shitwehraboossay ] Glorious Panther Kruppstahl! Side armor as good as a Sherman's glacis! If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads. ( Info / Contact )
- Finally some recognition 🙂
- You got called a Wehraboo? Now I've seen everything.
- well you are not that wrong.... 40mm at 60 degree vs. the 51 mm of the sherman is not that far off
- I like how you just ignore that the Sherman's glacis was also sloped.
- Duh, the Panther can simply point its gun downwards like so and negate the slope.
- Not at historical engagement ranges, there is no way 2 tanks would dare get this close to each other.
- Please tell me you're joking and it was completely obvious that I was being facetious.
- Ah the honorable Tank Joust.
- These are Ausf. Gs so 50mm at 30 degrees on the upper hull, which is similar to the Sherman glacis but inferior on level ground. Read more comments