Okay, listed here is the Texas Highway Patrol river patrol motorboat with maybe not one but six M-240B 7.62mm LMGs. http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DSC_1029.jpg You have to place it in context: ...
This image with the title of "NYPD officers on Indian motorcycles with belt fed machine guns on patrol for potential German saboteurs. May 16, 1918. [1600x1096]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about NYPD officers on Indian motorcycles with belt fed machine guns on patrol for potential German saboteurs. May 16, 1918. [1600x1096]
- Okay, here's the Texas Highway Patrol river patrol boat with not one but six M-240B 7.62mm LMGs. http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DSC_1029.jpg
- You have to put it in context: They deal with people who shoot at them via Mexico on the Rio Grande. I dont know where /u/ifightclouds is stationed at, but he can probably tell you of some hsit that happens on that border
- I know the context, I just playing off your comment.
- Even in context those are completely ridiculous and unnecessary. Just upper management waving their dicks around.
- Because Texas
- That screams collateral damage.
- I sure hope no potential saboteurs tried to run, that's a lot of firepower and maneuverability.
- This is a deterrent. Hitting anyone from that is nearly impossible.
- What kind of gun is that?
- looks like an 1895 colt-browning. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1895_Colt-Browning_machine_gun
- M1895 Colt-Browning machine gun : The Colt-Browning M1895 , nicknamed potato digger due to its unusual operating mechanism, is an air-cooled, belt-fed, gas-operated machine gun that fires from a closed bolt with a cyclic rate of 450 rounds per minute. Based on a John Browning design dating to 1889, it was the first successful gas-operated machine gun to enter service. Image i Interesting: Heavy machine gun | Medium machine gun | Browning machine gun | List of crew-served weapons of the U.S. Armed Forces Parent commenter can toggle NSFW or delete . Will also delete on comment score of -1 or less. | FAQs | Mods | Magic Words Read more comments