No, it's the M75. NYPD does apparently still have it and another apcs that are few inventory, one of them a M113. It seems like it. We'd imagine it's Vietnam age surplus that finished up in authorities hands, ...
This image with the title of "NYPD Clearing the Squats in the Lower East Side, circa 1995 [980 x 660]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about NYPD Clearing the Squats in the Lower East Side, circa 1995 [980 x 660]
- No, it's the M75. NYPD does apparently still have it and another few apcs in inventory, among them a M113.
- It looks like it. I'd imagine it's Vietnam era surplus that ended up in police hands, like what's happening nowadays with MRAPs.
- You can still see this vehicle Floyd Bennett field.
- It is, but it's been modified significantly or a special variant. Most army M113's have a flat roof and a rear lowering hatch instead of two doors. Seems like it's a bit taller too.
- It's not, it's an earlier M75
- I can say from experience the Army does modify the M113 to have the double doors. On fort polk at joint readiness training center (a giant war game facility) they have a whole fleet of them to look like a Russian APC for realism.
- But but police militarization!! Oh right. Read more comments