Well, to be reasonable, at some true point the thickness and quality of your armor is irrelevant. The mass that is sheer size associated with shell will destroy every day. For instance, this is certainly just what remained of a Pz IV after it took ...
This image with the title of "Major Sankovskiy and his SU-152. He supposedly knocked out 10 German tanks (including 2 Panthers and an Elefant) in 1 day during the Battle of Kursk which earned the SPG the nickname: "Zveroboy" (Beast Slayer)" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Major Sankovskiy and his SU-152. He supposedly knocked out 10 German tanks (including 2 Panthers and an Elefant) in 1 day during the Battle of Kursk which earned the SPG the nickname: "Zveroboy" (Beast Slayer)
- Well, to be fair, at some point the thickness and quality of your armor is irrelevant. The sheer mass and size of the shell will ruin your day. For example, this is what remained of a Pz IV after it took a hit from either a 15" or 16" BB shell: http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/robotnikman/2658753240056139577S600x600Q85.jpg
- Pretty sure they didn't feel a thing.
- Where's the tank? Jesus
- IIRC that was 8" cruiser fire, not from a BB.
- I thought it was a Tiger?
- Kinda hard to tell when it looks like that :/
- Size of the turret ring, scale between the men and the chassis as well as the type of track could be used. Probably more ways but that's all I can come up with in five seconds. I'm just waaaaaay too lazy to do it myself.
- That blog post covers repeated and multiple test range potshots. No-one doubts the potential of the gun, but that post proves practically nothing. Even a ten foot thick bank vault door will eventually succumb to enough pounding. The 'Tank Archives' blog has a massive chip on its shoulder.
- Eh, yeah firing at stationary ranks point blank rage tends to have that effect
- point blank rage They're shooting from afar or removing propellant to simulate long ranges. Did you even read the article ? The very first picture is from 1200m.
- Did you even read the article? I've read that article before more than once. It's obvious he opened it, looked at the pictures and commenced to talk out of his ass. Read more comments