Great article, many thanks. An everyday Mail safe link to the article that is same. Via http://archive.is/ . Oh fack off... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot some social people just hate Icelandic ...
This image with the title of "Last remaining gunboat from the Gallipoli campaign has been restored & unveiled (X-post Militaryporn) [962 x 686]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Warship . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Last remaining gunboat from the Gallipoli campaign has been restored & unveiled (X-post Militaryporn) [962 x 686]
- Great article, thanks.
- A Daily Mail safe link to the same article. Via http://archive.is/ .
- Oh fack off...
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- Some people just hate Icelandic archive sites, what can I say.
- What a stark contrast to HMS Daring in the background.
- I went on it once years ago, before it was on display. In true British fashion, somebody had set up a pub in the stern. I wonder if that's still there?
- Wow! I always tought gun boats were well... More Warship-like. It just looks like someone slapped a gun on the old mans fishing boat by the harbour!
- For me, it's the complete opposite. When I hear "gunboat", I think of someone slapping a gun on to any old boat. When I saw this photo, I thought it looked l more like a warship than in my imagination.
- Looks like a rough ride from England to Greece without AC or icecream
- Well, hey, they had a pub; so I guess they had some craic on the way down.
- Isn't the famously successful little Turkish minelayer still around? Edit: Nah, they built a replica, and the actual ship was rebuilt into a cargo ship, which then sank, was salvaged and rebuilt as a replica. Cf Ship of Theseus.
- Fantastic. Thank you!
- Is that the original colour it was in? Read more comments