Keeping it interesting! All your photos are badass. I wish to be /u/iamkokonutz when I grow up. Well... Not if you should be in search of work as a pilot. Most readily useful to keep a diminished profile ...
This image with the title of "Just checking to see if I'd fit..." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Helicopters . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Just checking to see if I'd fit...
- Always keeping it interesting!
- All of your photos are badass. I want to be /u/iamkokonutz when I grow up.
- Well... Not if you're looking for work as a pilot. Best to keep a lower profile 🙂
- Looks like somewhere in WA state?
- Close. BC. It's called the Pitt River Hotsprings. Heres a few years ago when we fit 3 machines on the bridge.
- If it fits. I sits.
- thats a saxy gps package... never seen it in an R44 before.
- It's a Garmin Aera 560 above a factory Garmin unit. I wanna sell the whole thing and put a second com in the console. I think I'm going to add an iPad mini instead of the factory stuff.
- Foreflight is awesome, but I'd still rock a 296 or get a GNS for backup.
- I flew to the island, and handed my map to my backseat passenger to refold for me. He said, "why do you use your map so much?" I was confused, and he pointed at the 2 gps units right in front of me. Strange to say, but I barely look at them. I wanna get rid of that second com/gps on the bar over my legs. I feel that's a double leg breaker in a crash, and legs might be useful.
- where is this in google maps?
- Just on my phone. Google "Pitt River Hotsprings". It's in British Columbia if you need to narrow it down.
- Pitt River Hotsprings thank you.
- How would you know if you'd fit or not? Doesn't seem like an easy thing to judge.
- I'm just kidding. Landed on a bar just to get the shot before I landed on the bridge. Was just wanting this actual shot before setting it down. I actually already know I'd fit, but there wouldn't be any point. I'm pretty sure there must be a CARs or FAA rule about flight under a structure? Gotta google. This is how I know there would be room though. Picture 2 shows it
- Oh, cool! Yeah, obtaining my helicopter pilot license is a gol of mine. Also airplane pilot.
- I'm thinking about getting my gliders license someday. I love flying in the mountains, and have a good sense of what the wind is doing, but I think flying gliders around BC would be the ultimate way to learn mountain winds. And, they just seem cool! Read more comments