Not actually. The Germans used tanks that are soviet a very longtime, and I also believe the Vietnamese still utilize some AMX 13 because of their low weight. Are you taking about the East Germany? Also I never ...
This image with the title of "Iraqi Army M1A1 participating in the Mosul Operation" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Iraqi Army M1A1 participating in the Mosul Operation
- Not really. The Germans used Soviet tanks for a very longtime, and I believe the Vietnamese still use some AMX 13 due to their low weight.
- Are you taking about the East Germany? Also I never recall the Vietnamese ever gaining access to AMX13s
- Yes, although come to think of it, West Germany operating American tanks is exactly the same. Turns out I was wrong on that one, although the AMX 13 was pretty damned proliferated.
- Hell, the bad guys in this fight are using T34s!
- Most likely not. It's more likely to be T-54/55, T-64 and T-72's.
- Soviets never exported T-64s outside the Eastern Bloc. If anything, they would have T-55/62s or Type 59/69s. Highly doubt they have any T-72s, because in 2003 they were shifted to defend Baghdad and none (or very few) were left in the North for militias to capture.
- Right. My knowledge of which tanks were exported is quite poor.
- They could be brought over from Syria
- Most Iraqi tanks were abandoned or destroyed by the USAF.
- Never would've thought to see a BMP-1 participating in combined-arms assault with an Abrams. War makes strange bedfellows, indeed. Read more comments