Intimidation and just masking your identification. This business regularly do raids on Hells Angels, mafia and other crime that is organized. Those aren't the forms of people you need to know your face. And ...
This image with the title of "GSG9 operators during an exercise to mark the unit's 40 year anniversary [1024x857]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about GSG9 operators during an exercise to mark the unit's 40 year anniversary [1024x857]
- Intimidation and simply masking your identity. These guys regularly do raids on Hells Angels, mafia and other organized crime syndicates. Those aren't the kinds of people you want to know your face. And usually the masks are also flame-retardant, which is a nice side-effect.
- Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. The only time I've seen them used in real life is my Airsoft players, who use them to protect their teeth. I didn't think that would really apply in this case, but they're common enough that I figured there must be some other reason for them. Thanks for the info.
- Dude the hells angels operate outside of the US? Cool.
- Not cool. But yeah, they are a worldwide organization, just like the Bandidos. HA controls the red light district in my city and we just had a shooting between HA members a few weeks ago (internal struggle). We almost regularly have shootings and stabbings between rivaling MCs (the HA even attacked a rival club house with a handgrenade) and now the HA have even started fighting amongst themselves.
- http://www.chad.co.uk/news/ashfield-bikers-out-in-force-for-funeral-of-hells-angel-1-6560151 This is a small town in Nottinghamshire, England. the towns population of about 15,000. It was crazy how many bikers there were.
- HK G36C's and Glock 17s? I think that's right.
- Seems like it. The standard firearm of the federal police (which the GSG9 is a part of) is the H&K P30 and your average officer can't choose any other gun. Special forces guys can and usually choose Glocks.
- Yup, that's why I was surprised when you told me your agency used P225s, I thought you guys all used P30s, I should've known better than to think every PD in Germany used the same gun, haha.
- We do use P30s! We used to use P225s, but switched in 2010. Many states use the P30 now, but there is still a lot of variation between the states.
- Ah ok. What kind of trigger? I recall hearing the Feds there used the "medium" weight LEM trigger, 7-some-odd pounds, like 7.3 I think?
- Correct. Both my state and the feds use the P30 V2 version with 7.3lbs of trigger pull. Read more comments