We have those a complete lot in Arizona. Not often are they this bad, but I have been in a couple that were very similar. It becomes very hard to breath let alone see, both of which make for a experience that is horrifying ...
This image with the title of "French soldier facing a sandstorm during Operation Barkhane [1362x2048]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about French soldier facing a sandstorm during Operation Barkhane [1362x2048]
- We get those a lot in Arizona. Not often are they this bad, but I have been in a couple that were very similar. It becomes very hard to breath let alone see, both of which make for a horrifying experience if you get lost. Kind of like a blizzard.
- I was once in the Pool at a hotel near my home in Egypt when a massive sandstorm struck was a horrible predicament. Head out of the water I was being sandblasted and could barely breathe, had to just try and swim the whole way under water but not being able to breathe meant I couldn't get air to stay under long enough.
- On the bright side, a strip club nearby always puts these signs up that say "We've got the biggest Haboobs" in the state.
- Theres 3 strip joints in Edinburgh near each other nicknamed "The Pubic Triangle".
- There's a group of 3 bars in seattle called the STD triangle.
- On a highway it is hsit and you spend most of the day grinding dust in your teeth (unless you managed to completely seal your home from the outside world) and waiting it to end to dust your rig (computer).
- What tune is that ? 🙂
- Darude - Sandstorm!
- Thanks. I'm completely oblivious to current pop-culture.
- Oh well, it's not current. It's like, late 90's, or early 2000's stuff. It's quite a meme actually. Usually where a sandstorm is involved Darude-Sandstorm is linked.
- I was thinking the battlefield theme from the "dun"s
- Got hit with a couple on guard duty in Iraq. You could see them coming from miles away, and you were completely screwed if you forgot your balaclava and goggles and stuff. Also: Shower facilities were separate from where you slept. It was not unheard of to finally get 20 minutes to take a nice hot shower, and then, unaware of what was going on outside, wander right out into a sandstorm. It's like you won a contest where first prize was to become an Iraqi sugar cookie. 😀
- I wonder how is passing the sandstorm inside the APC. Does the sand get in? What about getting electrically charged because of the sand grinding against the armor?
- Hatches down, the VAB is close to air-tight. You could engage the air filters to be completely air-tight, but those wouldn't fare too well with all that sand in the air. Static electricity build-up is a non-concern.
- Don't know man if enough static builds up it could cause a lightning strike to hit the APC and blow it up I saw it on TV once
- no Read more comments