Implying they had beenn't already impeccable My dream airplane is a Catalina. facking love those things. We found out about one being decked out to cruise the global world in luxury, unfortuitously the ...
This image with the title of "Four generations of Australian maritime patrol aircraft fly together to induct the P-8 into RAAF service [3600x2401]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Four generations of Australian maritime patrol aircraft fly together to induct the P-8 into RAAF service [3600x2401]
- Implying they weren't already impeccable
- My dream plane is a Catalina. facking love those things.
- I heard about one being decked out to cruise the world in luxury, unfortunately the Saudis thought it was an Israeli spy plane and destroyed it. That's my dream for one of these.
- I would love one to fly to remote places around the world. Like those Canadian lakes you can't get to by any other means. Imagine the fishing there, would be awesome.
- My guess is that the Catalina's landing/takeoff distance would be too long for many of them.
- With RATOs, anything is possible.
- I dunno, I've been to a few (accessible via land of course) and some are huge or at least have huge flat stretches etc.
- Turbocharge the hsit out of it.
- I hadn't thought of that! That would be amazing. I was just going to cruise the Pacific can't Caribbean.
- I mean I would do that too! But to go to places where very few, if any humans, have ever been. And land on a perfectly uninhabited lake. Would be so cool.
- So all of the above! Islands nobody has been to, lakes that nobody has seen and pretty much land wherever you want. Ugh, if only I had a Catalina and the exorbitant amount required to run one.
- They are so freaking expensive. To get and run. Those engines etc. A guy can dream can't he?
- I want to say you need to expect 20k per hour to run them. On top of getting one, making it airworthy and refitting it. Guess I'll settle for a 182 with a hammock.
- Sounds about right....
- I believe this is what you're looking for. Backstory: http://www.messynessychic.com/2014/04/24/all-aboard-the-flying-yacht-circa-1950/ Crash site: http://www.artificialowl.net/2009/07/abandoned-catalina-seaplane-50-years.html
- That's the one. Absolutely crushing.
- I want to live in this Read more comments