Thanks man, they are both new to me! Very cool. The sailors can be seen by you regarding the provider viewing the show. Random concern. I am aware everybody else went below deck when they fired the 16" ...
This image with the title of "Firepower Friday! USS Iowa (BB-61) fires her 16" guns while USS Saratoga (CV-60) conducts a underway replenishment with two unknown destroyers, 1987 [2,820x1,870]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Warship . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Firepower Friday! USS Iowa (BB-61) fires her 16" guns while USS Saratoga (CV-60) conducts a underway replenishment with two unknown destroyers, 1987 [2,820x1,870]
- Thanks man, these are both new to me!
- Very cool. You can see the sailors on the carrier watching the show.
- Random question. I know everyone went below deck when they fired the 16" guns because of the concussions but did they clear the bridge too? I'm guessing not, just wondering if there are any pics from the bridge or onboard the ship of the 16" guns firing.
- This is apparently the view from the bridge on the Missouri while firing: http://web.mst.edu/~rogersda/military_service/USS%20Missouri-View%20from%20bridge%20turrets%201%20and%202%20firing.jpg
- looks uncomfortable...
- That's worthy of a post all it's own.
- That looks intense! Thanks for posting it.
- Stbd.Bridge wing,looking fwd.
- Does everyone, even in the ship wear ear protection?
- I know that when I was on a ship (as recently as last year), if you didn't have hearing protection on you, you were at risk of getting a good chewing-out.
- They did not have to clear the bridge, but they did have to close all of the hatches on the main deck. There is actually fire damage on the bulkheads in officer's country near the senior officer's staterooms from a time when a hatch was not closed properly.
- That sounds like a pretty good oops
- That sound would be TERRIBLE...ly facking awesome! I can't even imagine having those guns go off so close (let alone be on the ship itself!).
- That doesn't look like a sub
- I am posting this comment from my office on the USS Iowa right now. You're jealous aren't you?
- It is pretty cool I guess. I am in the old S-2 office just off of the port side chow line. Read more comments