Usually the one regarding the relative side is a flashlight, the one on top is an AN/PEQ-15 . It provides a laser that is visible, an IR laser dot, an IR flood light, if i recall precisely, both lasers have the choice of strobing. ...
This image with the title of "FBI HRT conducting CQB drills (x-post r/militaryporn) [1484x1009]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about FBI HRT conducting CQB drills (x-post r/militaryporn) [1484x1009]
- The one on the side is a flashlight, the one on top is an AN/PEQ-15 . It provides a visible laser dot, an IR laser dot, an IR flood light, and if I remember correctly, both lasers have the option of strobing. There's also covers for the lenses so that the lasers display a certain pattern - A crosshair, for instance - on their target. They're very useful at night or during blackout operations with NVGs.
- I found the original post over on militaryporn and they said it was an GPNVG-18, which offers higher field of view than a bino/monocular NVG As seen here: https://tnvc.com/shop/images/80727/GPNVG18_10.jpg/
- You are all talking about widely different things. None of them being related to optics
- Feel free to correct us, then.
- Optics refer to the sights on the gun. In this case somekind of eotech. I didn't realize you answered your own question, I thought a third person had joined the confusion. The correct term you are looking for is night vision goggles or simply goggles. I'm sorry if I seemed like a dick in my previous post 🙂 Have a nice holiday
- Night vision goggles are absolutely optics. They aren't gun optics, but that isn't what he said either.
- Well you never refer to goggles as optics. Either way he found what he was looking for.
- My mistake, I thought you were referring to the attachments near the muzzle of the weapon. But yes, those do appear to be the GPNVG-18. Those are some crazy cool pieces of equipment.
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive did a good job making these guys look legit.
- Are they rockin' those Crye P's?
- I believe they are. Hell, they're even wearing Airframes. Read more comments