imperialism, fack yeah! Get commie that is facked? The Gordon Highlanders were a great regiment, and I'' sure they're still a battalion that is good. One of my authors that are favourite ...
This image with the title of "Drummer James Roddick of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders, defending Lieutenant Menzies during hand-to-hand fighting in Kandahar, 1880. [1515x999]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Military Pics . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Drummer James Roddick of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders, defending Lieutenant Menzies during hand-to-hand fighting in Kandahar, 1880. [1515x999]
- imperialism, fack yeah!
- Get facked commie
- The Gordon Highlanders were a great regiment, and I'' sure they're still a good battalion. One of my favourite authors is George MacDonald Fraser , most famous for the hilarious Flashman series of comedic historical novels, and he wrote a fictionalised series about life in the Gordon Highlanders centred around a Pvt MacAuslan (the dirtiest soldier in the world). Not only are they really very funny, but they give a great picture of life in the British Army immediately post-WWII.
- I haven't read them before but i'l be sure to check them out sometime!
- He's a pretty well regarded author, the Flashman series is considered a classic. He also wrote a factual account of his experiences as an enlisted man in Burma during 1944-45 fighting the Japanese. All his book are worth reading IMO.
- Quartered Safe out Here is a fantastic book, all his books that I've read are great. good recommendation.
- Thanks for the info, I enjoy reading but i'm a busy person and enjoy so many subjects I get sidetracked easily.
- Look at this guy over here, fellas. He's too busy to read. I bet he has a blackberry and shit.
- I used to actually..
- I have plenty of time for the greatest cad in the victorian era
- This is how I like to imagine Dr. Watson before he met Holmes.
- That's my favorite thing about the current series that a lot of movie and tv adaptations get wrong: Watson is not some bumbling fool following Holmes around - he's a badass military vet doctor and is often more of a man of action than Holmes.
- They got it right in the Robert Downey jr/Jude Law movies I believe.
- Yeah but they got Holmes wrong in those movies.
- Compared to the source materiel I agree! But I enjoyed the movies.
- Its not realy Holmes unless he's spaced off his tits of cocaine. Read more comments