amazing that a FIRE trapped inside of that turbine has the capacity to carry all that and MORE! Yeah 25,000 lbs more! Quite a fire it should be with sucking down 520 gallons and hour!! ...
This image with the title of "Crane on crane action!" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Helicopters . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Crane on crane action!
- amazing that a FIRE trapped inside of that turbine is able to lift all that and MORE!
- Yeah 25,000 lbs more!
- Quite a fire it must be with sucking down 520 gallons and hour!!
- flame itself is small, it's the burn rate that is large due to amount of air being pushed. But even if you consider stuff like lawnmower motor, small fire inside, yet it has the power to carry you up the hill.
- I think the flame(s) on a JFTD-12A-5A on an S-64F like the one shown is still very impressive if you were able to see it. We're talking 8 burner cans trying to make enough wind to produce 4,800 shp ... And yes, the fuel gage is one of that fastest moving gages on a crane. Talk about burn rate.... 😉
- Anybody wanna know anything about this particular Crane? I know a guy .... 😉
- I just want to know who the guy you know is? 😉
- since you asked, I've flown this one before 😉 did we meet there in KSEE?
- Not sure... I stopped by and asked for a shirt one day but all i got were stickers 😉 that's okay though I suppose! I work over at Jet Air the FBO across the field.
- I don't remember you. Must have talked to somebody else. Sorry about the shirt thing. Us pilots made the point about giving out shirts and hats many times but this is a big corporation and corporate always knows what's best even though the suits have never been in the field or on a fire ... If it was up to me you'd get one 😉
- I'll settle for a sticker the same size as the on on the trailer 😉 I knew someone that got a shirt on the sunrise power link project.... Lucky duck I suppose!
- Sunrise started BEFORE the big corporate takeover 😉 Also, our new shirts don't even have a Crane on it anymore. Got that weird basketball instead. Way to confuse and existing brand, eh?!
- Haha oh well as long as the paychecks keep coming the shirts are just another bump in the road
- I saw one of these flying over near Ann Arbor, MI a few weeks ago. Amazing sight.
- Cranes are awesome! Especially the Skycranes! 😉
- Helicopter cranes amaze me it's like 'what the hell is keeping that thing together! It reminds me of Mitch Hedberg's belt joke. "My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero? Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mitchhedbe297484.html#tpdw2hz2jzIUViOA.99 "
- Hawt Read more comments