I would definitely state, belated war at minimum since they're the 85 variant. But you currently pointed out that your self You right sir, picture taken during spring of 1944, liberation of Odessa. ...
This image with the title of "Can someone help shed some info on this photo?" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Can someone help shed some info on this photo?
- I was going to say, late war at least because they're the 85 variant. But you already noticed that yourself
- You right sir, photo taken during spring of 1944, liberation of Odessa.
- It certainly fits the time frame, but I can only find one source supporting it. Despite that, Odessa is much more probable than Stalingrad or Kursk.
- Did you looking in russian part of the internet? I've found plenty there.
- I would think so, it's just the language barrier. It seems Russian sites usually have the most info on such things.
- Looks a bit like a double exposure
- I think you're right. But i think this is a composite image, rather than a true 'double exposure'.
- Could also be a long exposure and someone bumped the camera? Rotated it 90 degrees?
- I don't understand what projectile could be launched at that trajectory then slow down so fast. Maybe like something that has a parachute on it to slow it down like a retarded bomb?
- A flare.
- I don't think so unless there's something to slow the flare down. Maybe like rocket arty with cluster? I'm not sure when cluster rockets were first made but the picture looks like it's featuring T34 varient tanks. T34/85 I reckon. Read more comments