12 years a slav such is the full life that form of armor is for protection against TEMPERATURE rounds right? Detonates the warhead before it may get from the armor plating? Doesn't look like ...
This image with the title of "Caged Armor" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about Caged Armor
- 12 years a slav
- such is the life
- That type of armor is for protection against HEAT rounds right? Detonates the warhead before it can get against the armor plating? Doesn't seem like it's do hsit vs a kinetic energy round.
- basically to protect against most modern RPG's, which a APC is more likely to see thrown at it, than an AP Round of 120mm or so from a MBT
- Well if you're a BMP going against a MBT you're pretty much already dead.
- Depends on who you ask. Biggest frontal threat to us are long range missiles fired from BMP type vehicles.
- And in the sixties that stupid low pressure gun would carve right through any NATO tank if it got within 500m or so of the vehicle.
- That remained more or less true until the Leopard II and Abrams entered service.
- Most AT RPGs are HEAT. So this is more RPG protection than anything
- It wouldn't, its meant to dissipate the penetrating power of shaped charges.
- Kind of sort of what I thought. Thanks for the clarification Read more comments