Air safety markings for working with US forces. Almost 50% with the capacity of reducing blue on blue. Lots of yellow-on-blue, though. dem Swedish are crazy fackers. Aerial gunner's ...
This image with the title of "A Swedish 'S-Tank' (x-post /r/Sweden)" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about A Swedish 'S-Tank' (x-post /r/Sweden)
- Air safety markings for working with US forces. Nearly 50% effective at reducing blue on blue.
- Lots of yellow-on-blue, though.
- dem Swedish are crazy fackers.
- Aerial gunner's view
- It's THE VEHICLE OF GLORIOUS DESIGN ITSELF, STRIDSVAGN 103! Seriously, this thing is actually really awesome and ahead of its time. Almost certainly the best tank in NATO until the 80s composite/smoothbore titans came out.
- Sweden isn't technically in NATO.
- Technically, until the Warsaw Pact comes charging. Then they pull a France and fall into NATO.
- Well, not really. While Sweden has an agreement or secret partnership with NATO in event of war, Sweden is not and has never been a NATO member. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO France was a NATO member and kept a secret planning relationship with NATO even when they were "out" and are now back in NATO.
- Yeah I was reading about how in simulations, the S tank could beat any other in the world if the match up was numerically equal. The lack of turret meant that it could be easily engaged and overwhelmed by multiple hostiles, but 1-on-1 it was awesome.
- That... seems like a really bad design for the likely military scenarios Swedish armored units would find themselves in.
- yes and no... given the rugged terrain of much of Sweden, it is likely that engagements would be small. These tanks were basically designed to fire a few shots at advancing armor from a defensible position, then fall back to the next line of defense. I guess I should have worded my initial comment better. What I was trying to say is that in small-numbers actions, they would perform great, however the lack of a moveable turret makes them less effective as attack vehicles or when fighting alone against a numerically superior enemy. Read more comments