View must have been awesome It is weird exactly how many individuals down there could have come under a marksman's crosshair and never have actually understood it... shivering thought! If just it was the Promenade ...
This image with the title of "A French sniper takes up his position at the top of the Arc de Triomphe during the annual Bastille Day military parade, July 14th 2016 [1180x785]" is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Police . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about A French sniper takes up his position at the top of the Arc de Triomphe during the annual Bastille Day military parade, July 14th 2016 [1180x785]
- View must have been awesome
- It's weird how many people down there would have come under a marksman's crosshair and never have known it... shivering thought!
- If only it was the Promenade des Anglais
- I wonder of that would have stopped the driver.. What if the dead facker got his foot stuck on the gas pedal ?
- even a stuck pedal would have likely ended with fewer deaths as I would think it would crash sooner.
- He also wouldn't have been able to swerve into the people throughout his path the way he did.
- That position looks awkard and unstable as hell.
- It's actually not. Since he changes his POV often, he wants to be mobile, which means not using the bipod. But using his knee like that makes for more points of contact, which increases stability.
- Do they make monopods like the ones for camera's? That would work right?
- Yeah they do. Not very popular with police and military though, because the need for balance when actually shooting at long ranges is paramount. Especially for police. The risk of hitting someone innocent needs to be minimal.
- Can anyone ID the rifle? I think it's a PGM Ultima Ratio, but not sure. Read more comments