There is some weird universe that is alternate there where tanks kept getting bigger and larger. Things such as this while the Maus are weird footnotes ever sold, obviously things similar to this had been impractical at ...
This image with the title of "2 massive K-Wagen tanks being assembled near the end of WW1. Once completed, these monsters would've weighed 120 tons, and would've been armed with 4 77mm fortress guns, 7 MG08 machine guns, and 30mm of armor." is one of a large collection of pictures from the category Tank . We collect quality images, from a social network website reddit.com
Source: To view the original source also read the full comments of the original poster as well as from other redditor, you can click on the following Link.
Some random comments on reddit about 2 massive K-Wagen tanks being assembled near the end of WW1. Once completed, these monsters would've weighed 120 tons, and would've been armed with 4 77mm fortress guns, 7 MG08 machine guns, and 30mm of armor.
- There's some weird alternate universe out there where tanks kept getting bigger and bigger. Things like this and the Maus are weird footnotes in history, obviously things like this were impractical at the time and even more so now. I vote we start building more landships.
- That universe is Warhammer 40k with its Baneblade. 11 BARRELS OF HELL.
- At one time it was considered a light scout tank.
- Also WW2/WW1/colonial warfare in space, mass melee occuring in every battle despite supertanks and world-destroying weapons existing and no smart weapons at all - most advanced stuff is 1950s tech, only Tau and Eldar have sci-fi gear, but still ride their anti-gravity vehicles into melee combat because that's cool, right? Battletech suffers from the same, and it's even more absurd because they have supermechs that can shoot accurately up until the glorious range of 0.8 km.
- But what about BOLO!?
- Then they get so big, and designers just take so much acid, that it turns into mechs Don't question the mechs. Or the werewolves.
- Those are so awesome, I'm going to have to find some of those in wallpaper quality.
- That alternate future would need to have some reason why aircraft and accurate artillery never really developed.
- In a world where air power/missiles never existed, they could be possible. The biggest problem then would probably be reliability, which could be worked out if they didn't get bombed into oblivion as soon as they rolled onto a battlefield.
- Perspective and size http://funkyimg.com/u2/846/362/k-wagen-03-big.jpg
- Due to its weight I could see this thing being extremely useless. Breakdowns, getting stuck in the mud, getting hit by artillery, the usual for tanks of the time but bigger. Read more comments